‘Majority in House should be respected’
JVP leader Anura Kumara Dissanyake speaking at a meeting in Tangalle said that the Tri-Forces should come forward because the Constitution is not upheld. The Tri-Forces must support the parties that protect the Constitution and not the parties that cause its desecration.
At the moment, there exists in the country a pseudo prime minister and a pseudo cabinet. The ministers of this pseudo cabinet do not attend Parliamentary sessions. As such, rules and regulations cannot be passed. The present pseudo regime has not been recognised by international leaders around the globe, the JVP leader said.
If any party shows a majority of 113, that majority has been obtained by offering bribes. The JVP will put an end to the present conspiracy and urge for dissolution of the present regime and holding of a general election to obtain the people’s mandate, he said.
Dissanayake said there is no necessity for the JVP to make either Ranil Wickremesinghe or Mahinda Rajapaksa the prime minister of the country. He said that if they allow President Maithripala Sirisena to destroy or curtail the provisions of the Constitution, future presidents will also do the same thing.
The JVP leader said the sole aim of Mahinda Rajapaksa was to crown Namal Rajapaksa and make him ether the prime minister or president of the country when the time is ripe. He said Mahinda Rajapaks’s wife also dreams of such an eventuality.
(Source: Daily News)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023