‘Make Monday a holiday’
Posted in Local News
The Labour Ministry yesterday requested the private sector, government corporations and statutory boards to grant a holiday on Monday, April 15 for their employees, as it had already been declared a public holiday.
A statement signed by Minister Gamini Lokuge said, “The Government has declared Monday, the 15th of April 2013 as a Public Holiday on behalf of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year.
Accordingly, employers are kindly requested to grant a holiday for all employees in Government Corporations, Statutory Boards and the private sector on Monday, the 15th of April 2013.”
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023