Malik Samarawickrama new UNP Chairman
Malik Samarawickrama, a onetime General Secretary of the UNP has been appointed as the new Chairman of the party today.
The first Working Committee meeting of the party after the January polls was held under the headship of Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe at the UNP headquarters in Sirikotha.
Meanwhile the temporary appointment of Kabir Hashim as the General Secretary, following Tissa Attanayake’s defection to support former President Rajapaksa during the presidential polls, has been made permanent.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023