Malik Samarawickrama new UNP Chairman
Posted in Local News
Malik Samarawickrama, a onetime General Secretary of the UNP has been appointed as the new Chairman of the party today.
The first Working Committee meeting of the party after the January polls was held under the headship of Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe at the UNP headquarters in Sirikotha.
Meanwhile the temporary appointment of Kabir Hashim as the General Secretary, following Tissa Attanayake’s defection to support former President Rajapaksa during the presidential polls, has been made permanent.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023