Man arrested over providing fake tip-off on impending bomb attack in Akurana
A 21-year-old man who provided false information over an impending bomb attack in Akurana was arrested this morning (April 22) in the area of Harispattuwa.
The suspect, who called the 118 online emergency complaint system on the night of April 18, had anonymously provided the authorities with false information about a bomb threat to mosques in Akurana during Muslim devotees’ prayers in the holy month of Ramadan.
Following the bomb scare, special police teams were deployed to Akurana to beef up security in the area.
UPDATE – 03:40 PM:
The man who was arrested for providing false information over an impending bomb attack in Akurana, was produced before the Hulftsdorp Police earlier today (April 22) and remanded until May 04.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023