Mangala meets Modi
Posted in Local News
Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at his office on Monday. Reportedly, Samaraweera is carrying an invite for PM Modi to visit the island nation.
On Sunday, Sri Lanka and India had pledged to deepen their relations and had agreed to work “closely and extensively”.Ahead of his visit, Sri Lanka released 15 Indian fishermen and now no Indian fishermen are in island nation’s custody.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
What about all the SL fishermen and their boats held in India? What about a firm undertaking for Indian fishermen not to enter SL waters and destroy our fish stocks with their bottom trawlers, as they have destroyed theirs?
India is cunning and treat SL as their colony to be exploited as the British did. Pakistan is right to wage war on India over J&K issue which is 90% Muslim. It is Pakistan territory indeed.