Mangala to meet IMF MD in Washington on IMF Fund Facility
Minister Mangala Samaraweera left for Washington on Friday to get the IMF External Fund Facility (EFF) back on track, the Finance Ministry said.
The ministry said in a statement that the minister will be meeting Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, Mitsuhiro Furusawa, Deputy Managing Director, Chanyong Rhee, Director, Asia Pacific Department, Manuel Goretti, Team Leader and other members of the IMF Sri Lanka Team.
Minister Samaraweera is expected to signal the Government’s intention to continue with IMF reform program. A key objective will be to negotiate the trajectory of continued fiscal consolidation while accommodating policies to support growth and strengthen the social safety net.
The Finance Minister’s delegation to IMF included the Governor of the Central Bank, Secretary to the Treasury and other key officials of the Central Bank and the Treasury.
(Source: The Island)
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
Please don’t be a beggar
Earn the money through Business/ Trade..
time has come to change our economy policy
fine new markets . export the local products ….
He has to beg.
The corruption in the population prevents competitive business and trade.
There is no economic policy; the leaders do not know what to do because they are all corrupt.
Find new markets? Yes, only market is to sell house maids to Rich Arabs.
Export local products? Only export product is house maids to Middle East.
What can Mangala Samaraweera do? only thing is to beg from Western World.
Your are 100% right.
We are a nation of 100% Sinhala Buddhist Beggars.
We have no b**ls, my dear Eardley.