Manusha and Harin step down as cabinet ministers
Ministers Harin Fernando and Manusha Nanayakkara have resigned from their portfolios with immediate effect.
Harin Fernando was the Minister of Tourism and Lands and Manusha Nanayakkara was the Minister of Labour and Foreign Employment.
In a joint letter, the ministers said they will step down from the positions in order to form an all-party government and provide immediate relief to the people.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023