General Shavendra Silva calls for public support to maintain peace
Sri Lanka’s Chief of Defence Staff General Shavendra Silva says public support is required to maintain peace in the country.
In his statement, the former Army Commander said the people have the opportunity to resolve the ongoing crisis in the country peacefully and constitutionally.
Accordingly, he appealed to the general public to extend their support to the armed forces and the police to ensure that peace is maintained.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023