March 16 declared a holiday
Monday 16th March has been declared a Public, Bank & Mercantile holiday to prevent outbreak of Coronavirus says Minister of Public Administration Janaka Bandara Tennakoon.
It is reported that this decision was taken to prevent the outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19) in the country.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023