Match-fixing claims: Ranjan to lodge complaints with CID, BC,ICC
Whilst stating that former Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage had confirmed the allegations of match-fixing he made previously, former State Minister and Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) candidate Ranjan Ramanayake said he will lodge complaints with the CID, Bribery Commission and ICC calling for investigations on the 2011 Cricket World Cup final.
“I made these allegations both at a press conference and in Parliament years ago and no one took any notice. However, Minister Aluthgamage had confirmed my allegation today,” he said.
“However, chief of the ICC anti-corruption unit met me when he was in Sri Lanka some time back and inquired details on the allegations I made. Therefore, I will call for investigations on Minister Aluthgamage’s allegation,” he said.
“I have evidence to prove that some influential people had got luxury jeeps from India in exchange for fixing the Cricket World Cup 2011 final,” he also said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023