MCC not beneficial to Sri Lanka: Wijeyadasa
MP Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe yesterday claimed that Sri Lanka would not benefit from the Millennium Challenge Cooperation (MCC) pact and that not even a cent would be received by the Treasury.
He told a news conference that the US$480 million would be received by the particular US company which would undertake the project in Sri Lanka and according to the MCC pact, the Treasury will not receive a cent.
The MP said neither the Auditor General nor the Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) would be able to mediate in any of the transactions involving the MCC funds.
He said the government had agreed to sign three agreements with the US namely SOFA, ACSA and MCC and the government had given priority to the MCC agreement which sets the background to the other two agreements.
The MP said the government had passed several laws and acts in preparation to the signing of MCC such as amending the Foreign Exchange Bill, privatising the clearing department of the Central Bank, the Land Bank Act and the Counter-Terrorism Bill.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Ajith Siriwardana)
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
Have you removed those bullets from your house which you were shot by thugs emplyed by you to show that your golden life is under threat?
Wijedasa, why is the MCC a piece of shit?
Please tell us Wijedasa, instead of hiding behind you black suit and red tie. BTW, what is the favourite colour of your amude?
Whats the latest Deal Mr. Deal dasa that you have agreed with the flower bud
Good for you WR! You are wise to abandon the sinking ship-full-of-rats and join the progressive movement. I know some, like the Tamil racist-separatists scum, just detest you as you flatly refused, when you were the Justice Minister under this Yahapalanaya disaster, to let Gota be arrested based on an obvious (here-say, flimsy, trumped-up, corrupt-anti-SL foreign nations/NGO espoused) insidious plot to take revenge from Gota for finishing off the LTTE terras for good), for which you paid the price of being sacked by the corrupt Prez and the Wimpy PM! Viva WR!