Measures to bring down school bag, shoe prices – State Minister
Posted in Local News
Finance State Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya has called for a report from the Department of Trade and Investment Policies to ascertain whether the prices of school bags and shoes in the market is fair.
He is of the view that prices of schools bags and shoes should drop due to the strengthening of Rupee against the US Dollar.
“I have sought a report from the Trade and Investment Policy Department to ascertain as to how prices of schools bags and shoes have dropped after the strengthening of rupee against the dollar”, he said.
Siyambalapitiya said action would be taken based on the report.
(Source: Daily News)
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023