Middle Eastern only passports discontinued from today
The issuance of passports valid only for Middle Eastern countries will be discontinued from today.
Accordingly the Department of Immigration and Emigration will issue passports that are valid for all countries from the 1st of January.
The decision to issue passports, valid for all countries, was made subsequent to the decision to introduce a new passport.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023