New Navy Commander appointed
Vice Admiral K.K.T.Piyal de Silva was appointed as the 23rd Commander of the Sri Lanka Navy by President Maithripala Sirisena. He received his letter of appointment from the President at the President’s Official Residence, today (31).
Rear Admiral K.K.T.Piyal de Silva was appointed as the Navy Commander after he was promoted to the rank of Vice Admiral. The new navy commander will commence his duties from January 1.
Meanwhile, the President also extended his best wishes to the current Commander of the Sri Lanka Navy Vice Admiral Sirimewan Ranasinghe, who will make his retirement tomorrow. He has been granted a service promotion to the rank of Admiral at his retirement.
Secretary to the President Udaya R. Seneviratne and the Secretary to the Ministry of Defence Hemasiri Fernando were present on this occasion.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
If Mr. Sumanthiran is correct we will be needing 9 passports within the divided sates of Sri Lanka pretty soon (after 4 Feb 2019).
Oh No, Amarakoon,
It will be United States of Sri Lanka and not Divided States of Sri Lanka.
Of course, we will need travel documents to cross borders and President Wiggy in the North will impose stringent checks on all those hoping to enter his land.
On thing we can do, Amarakoon, is to have a chat with the Trumpy man and borrow his design for the Mexican wall so that we build them too.
Congratulations to Vice Admiral Piyal de Silva, on his appointment as the New Navy Commander. All Best Wishes to the retiring Admiral Ranasinghe. from Former Surgeon Lt. Commander Michael Fernando.