Mihin Lanka to fly to Chennai
Sri Lanka’s Budget Airline, the Mihin Lanka Airlines is to commence services to the Chennai Airport from next September. An agreement in this connection has been reached with the Chennai airport authorities.
The new air service is expected to pave the way to further strengthen Indo-Lanka trade relations. Those who arrive in Sri Lanka from Madras for trade purposes will be more benefited by this measure.
At present Mihin Lanka operates flights to Dubai, Tiruchchi, Dhaka, Jakarta and Buddha Gaya. It has also made arrangements to operate services to many other destinations in the Middle East and Asia.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023