ETF donates 75m for Year 5 Scholarship grants
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix By: Nalin Hewapathirana)
A financial donation with a worth of Rs. 75 million from the Employees Trust Fund (ETF) was made as scholarship grants to nearly 5000 students who excelled in last year’s Grade Five scholarship examination, at Temple Trees yesterday on 26 June.
The EPF Board Chairman K.M.A. Godawaththa presented the cheque to President Mahinda Rajapaksa in the presence of Ministers and officials. Later the President handed over the donation to the People’s Bank Chairman W. Karunajeewa.
The scholarship recipients were selected after scrutinizing a number of application forms received from all districts through the Regional Educational Offices. Initially a sum of Rs. 15,000 will be deposited in their ‘Sisu Udana’ bank accounts. Applications for the scholarship programme could also be collected from the headquarters of the Fund at Kirula Road in Narahenpita or from regional offices throughout the country.
Minister of Education Bandula Gunawardena, Deputy Minister of Finance and Planning Geethanjana Gunawardena, the Treasury Secretary Dr. P.B. Jayasundera, Working Director G.Thissakuttiarachchi and Additional Director Mangala Gunaratne at ETF Board were present at the occasion.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023