Envoys of four nations present credentials to President Rajapaksa
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
Four foreign envoys including three Ambassadors and a High Commissioner, presented their credentials to President Mahinda Rajapaksa at a ceremony which was held at the Presidential Secretariat today on 26 June 2012. Accordingly three (3) new Ambassadors from Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of Azerbaijan, People’s Republic of China and new High Commissioner from the Republic of Seychelles.
The envoys who presented their letters of credence were
1. Mr. Rim Hoe Song – Ambassador designate of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
2. Mr. Ibrahim Asad Oglu Hajiyev – Ambassador designate of the Republic of Azerbaijan
3. Mr. Wu Jianghao – Ambassador designate of the People’s Republic of China
4. Mr. Waven Winslow William – High Commissioner designate of the Republic of Seychelles
Welcoming new envoys to the credential ceremony President Rajapaksa said that they are all joining their assignments at a crucial time when Sri Lanka’s economy is at a rapid growth after eliminating thirty years of brutal terrorism. The Government’s rehabilitation, reconciliation, resettlement, reconstruction and development process have achieved a huge amount of progress within short period of time. The President also said Sri Lanka seeks to work with the international community and requested their support to rebuild post war Sri Lanka, which would create an environment for the progress and prosperity of people.
The new envoys pledged to work diligently to strengthen bi-lateral relations as well as their goodwill and assistance for government’s development projects. The credential presentation ceremony was attended by the Minister of External Affairs, Prof G.L. Peiris, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga, Chief of Protocol of the Ministry of External Affairs, Majintha Jayasinghe, senior officials of the Ministry of External Affairs, senior members representing Sri Lanka Security Forces and officials of the missions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023