Minister Bandula Gunawardena tests positive for COVID-19
Minister of Trade Bandula Gunawardena has tested positive for COVID-19.
Posting on his official Facebook account, the Minister confirmed he tested positive.
The Minister noted a Rapid Antigen Test was conducted yesterday, and returned a positive result after a few members of his staff tested positive for the coronavirus.
He is the ninth parliamentarian to contract the virus within the month of August.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023