Minister recommends NPC to suspend DIG Nalaka
Posted in Local News
Law and Order Minister Ranjith Madduma Bandara has recommended the National Police Commission (NPC) to suspend DIG Nalaka Silva, based on the ongoing investigation into the alleged plot to assassinate President Maithripala Sirisena and former Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
The DIG is now on compulsory leave.
The Ministry said Secretary Pathmasiri Jayamanne had sent the recommendation to the NPC this morning.
Minister Madduma Bandara recommended the NPC to suspend DIG Silva to facilitate an independent inquiry.
IGP Pujith Jayasundera sent DIG Nalaka Silva on compulsory leave following a directive from Law and Order Minister.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Darshana Sanjeewa)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023