Minister Yapa Complains of Phone Threat
Chairman of the Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) that probed the charges against the incumbent Chief Justice, Environment Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa yesterday lodged a complaint with the Colombo Crime Division over a threatening call he got from a person who identified himself as ‘Prasanthan.’
Minister Yapa said this person threatened him saying that he will face ‘consequences’ if something happened to the Chief Justice.
The minister said he gave the phone to his Personal Security Officer and this person had then threatened him too.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024
- Senior U.S. official discusses Sri Lanka’s IMF program in Colombo February 24, 2024
- U.S. Deputy Secretary of State commends Sri Lanka’s economic efforts February 23, 2024