Ministers to review union proposal on East Container Terminal issues
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet Sub Committee appointed to look into the East Container Terminal of the Colombo Port will convene to examine the report handed over by trade unions pertaining to the Terminal last Friday.
The Chairman of the Committee Secretary of the Ministry of Ports UDC Jayalal said the Committee will also deliberate the proposals of the agreement entered with India and Japan.
A report will be compiled subsequently to be handed over to the Cabinet of Ministers.
The Cabinet appointed a seven-member committee to look into the East Container Terminal and to hold discussions in order to reach a consensus over the matter.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Anyone read this report by the Committee?
Decisions have already been reached in the best interests of the Nations.
These decisions are not reversible in view of illiterate trade union concerns.