Motorcyclist stabbed to death following argument at fuel station
A motorcyclist was stabbed and killed by a three-wheeler driver following an argument at a petrol filling station at Horagolla in Nittambuwa last night (March 20).
According to reports, the motorcyclist and the three-wheeler driver were involved in an argument while waiting in line to obtain fuel at the filling station.
The three-wheeler driver had moved forward after obtaining fuel while he had then proceeded to attack the motorcyclist involved in the argument with a sharp object as the latter was preparing to leave after obtaining fuel himself.
The driver of the three-wheeler was waiting outside the fuel station after pumping fuel for the motorcyclist who had gotten into an argument, stabbed the latter when he came after pumping petrol.
The three-wheeler fled after the attack.
The motorcyclist, who was admitted to the Wathupitiwala Hospital in critical condition, had succumbed to injuries while receiving treatment.
The victim is a 28-year-old youth from Colombo 14.
The Nittambuwa Police are conducting further investigations to arrest the suspect.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023