MR opposes National Government
Opposition leader Mahinda Rajapaksa said that they are firmly against the proposal of a National Government.
He stressed that they expressed their opposition against the proposal of a national government during the party leaders meeting held today(February 06).
He added that decision of the governing party to take the proposal up for debate tomorrow (February 07) is an exploitation of their powers.
He noted that the proposal is being brought up with the intention of increasing their perks and benefits.
(Source: News 1st)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023