Dubai in talks with Sri Lanka to extradite Makandure Madush
Dubai is in talks with Sri Lanka to extradite Makandure Madush, an underworld drug kingpin who was arrested at a hotel in Dubai.
According to the Khaleej Times the Dubai Police have confirmed that Madush was among several prominent figures arrested red-handed in a raid at a hotel in Dubai.
Among the 20 suspects arrested was a visitor carrying a diplomatic passport and popular singer Amal Perera.
Amal Perera’s son Nadimal and underworld criminals Keselwatte Dinuka and Kachcipani Imran were among those arrested.
A large quantity of drugs was recovered from the suspects in the joint operation by the Dubai Police and Sri Lankan law enforcement authorities, Khaleej Times reported.
Madush, who is among Sri Lanka’s most wanted criminals, had been evading arrest for the past couple of years.
The authorities are now in talks with Dubai to extradite him to Sri Lanka.
(Source: Colombo Gazzete)
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
Why extradite Makandure Madush?
There are many Makandure’s roaming in Parliament.
Why not catch them first?
Latiff should confiscate all the phones and computers from this drug dealer and publish the names of all contacts.