MR says no interests in Dubai Marriott or Steel Corporation
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday distanced himself from allegations over questionable investments in the Steel Corporation and Marriott Hotel in Dubai.
Rajapaksa in a statement denied the ownership of these properties. He alleged that the FCID has filed a B report informing the Kaduwela Magistrate’s Court that they have begun investigations into a complaint that a sum totaling USD 48 million invested in the Steel Corporation and a sum of USD 190 million invested in the Marriott hotel in Dubai belonged to him and the owner of these properties Nandana Lokuvithana is only a front man.
The B report states that the FCID had commenced this investigation on the basis of an anonymous letter which had been referred to them.
The FCID has been set up with a view to harass the political opponents, the legality and propriety of this unit is already before the supreme court Rajapaksa added . Rajapaksa stated that the FCID which functions as an extension of the UNP may have filed this B report to convey to the public the false impression that there is a ‘court case’ relating to concealed assets owned by him.
“It is very unusual for the police to report to courts that they are carrying out an investigation on the basis of an anonymous letter,” he said.
“This is yet another clever and insidious way of carrying out false propaganda against me. I wish to inform the public that the Steel Corporation and the Dubai Marriott hotel belong to whoever owns them and not to me”
(Daily News / Pix by The Hindu)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Why these publications are reported if these are not correct????////
LANKAN OWNED DUBAI MARRIOTT AL JADDAF HOTEL OPENS
President Mahinda Rajapakse has invested in Dubai in a big way through his Proxi, Nandana Jayadewa Lokuwithana.
Unheard of Nattandiya Villager Buys Dubai Marriot for US$ 225 Million; “Suba Anagathayak”
Why does Gota visit Ceylon Steel Corporation twice a week?