Munneswaran Kovil cancels animal sacrifice
The Chief Priest at the Munneswaran Bhadrakali Kovil today announced that the annual animal sacrifice will not take place as scheduled following a request made by President Mahinda Rajapaksa to refrain from such act during the exposition of the sacred Kapilawasthu relics.
President Rajapaksa early today requested all religious authorities to refrain from making animal sacrifices during the period the sacred Kapilawasthu relics are on exposition.
Courtesy: The Nation
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024