Chinese Defence Minister calls on President Rajapaksa
A high level 25-member high powered delegation led by State Councillor and Minister of National Defence of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) General Liang Guanglie called on Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa at Temple Trees on Wednesday (29).
The President on behalf of the government and the people of Sri Lanka thanked the government and the people of China for standing by Sri Lanka at times it was facing various challenges internationally and also for extending cooperation in the fields of economy and culture.
The visiting Defence Minister said that China is ready to provide every assistance to Sri Lanka and strengthen centuries old ties between the two countries.
On his arrival, the visiting Chinese General was warmly welcomed by the Minister of External Affairs Prof.G.L.Peirisa and was accorded a Guard of Honour by the Sri Lanka Army at the Defence Ministry Grounds in the company of Chief of Defence Staff Air Chief Marshal Roshan Gunathilake and Tri-service Commanders.
During his visit, the Chinese defence official is scheduled to conduct talks with Sri Lanka’s top level defence officials.
The visit of Chinese Defence Minister and his delegation symbolized the close and cordial relations between the two nations.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023
- ‘Palestine will win’: Sri Lanka businesses raise funds for war-ravaged Gaza November 30, 2023