I am going to Munneswaram- Mervyn
Minister Mervyn Silva said today that he will go to the Munneswaram Kovil premises in order to ensure that the animal sacrifice is not conducted.
“I will go to Munneswaram with all my supporters; I don’t know who asked for this court order. I am now looking into the people who requested for the order because the request should have been to stop the ritual and not to prevent people from stopping this slaughter,” he said.
Earlier a court order was issued by the Chilaw Magistrate preventing any form of protest and Sathyagrahas at the Kovil premises until September 2.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023