Namal Rajapaksa released on bail
UPFA MP Namal Rajapaksa, who was arrested on charges of misappropriating Rs.70 million , was today released on bail by Fort Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne.
He was accused of misappropriating funds paid to him by the company known as ‘Krrish’ to conduct a rugby tournament held in 2013
The suspect was released on a cash bail of Rs.50,000 and three personal bails of Rs.500,000 each after being produced before the Fort Magistrate a short while ago.
A protest was also staged in Tangalle in protest over the decision to arrest and remand the Hambantota District MP yesterday.
The Magistrate imposed a travel ban on the suspect. The court also allowed the FCID to peruse into bank details of the suspect in four banks for further inquiry.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
O boy, look at his face. his appearance has gone and eyes and total fac gone inside. preasure preasure preasure, thinking tooo much, stress and depression.what you raw that you reap.
fake it for make it thats what rajapakse families policy.
Hey Ashik . I bet they are few times smarter than you. You can keep on dreaming about seeing the Rajapakse’s go to jail and this is all it will be A dream. Its a shame that you have still not realized that its not going to happen. It is only a show by MY3 and Co