Basil Rajapaksa arrested by FCID
Former Minister of Economic Development Basil Rajapaksa, was arrested once again by the Police Financial Crimes Investigations Division (FCID).
The former Minister was arrested on charges of misappropriation of Divi Neguma funds, an official said. He will be produced before a Magistrate this afternoon.
Basil Rajapaksa is to be produced before courts today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023