Narendra Modi to visit Sri Lanka in May
Posted in Local News
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has confirmed his participation in UN Vesak Day celebrations to be conducted in Sri Lanka in May this year, a minister said.
The UN Vesak Day will be observed in Sri Lanka to mark the birth, enlightenment and passing away of the Buddha who founded the Buddhism religion.
Sri Lanka is predominately a Buddhist country with more than 70 percent of the population following the region.
Justice and Buddhasasana Minister Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe told Xinhua that the government invited a number of world leaders and Indian Prime Minister Modi had confirmed his participation.
We are going to celebrate the thrice blessed day on a grand scale, he said.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023