Nation pays tribute to war dead
The National War Heroes Day marking the eighth anniversary of the end of the country’s 30-year civil war will be held at the War Heroes Memorial near the Parliament Grounds, graced by President Maithripala Sirisena and PM Ranil Wickremesinghe this evening.
The event will begin at 4:00 p.m. Heads of the three armed forces, IGP, State officials, foreign envoys and relatives and parents of the soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the war will attend the event.
The event is expected to last up to 6 p.m. A special traffic plan will be in operation for the duration of proceedings.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Chamara Amarasuriya)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023