Natural gas production begins by year end
Natural gas production in Sri Lanka will start by the end of this year, Power and Energy Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka said.
Addressing the media at the ministry yesterday, Minister Ranawaka said a strong legal framework is needed for oil and gas production in Sri Lanka. Ranawaka said without a strong legal framework, Sri Lanka cannot attract investors to begin oil and gas production in Sri Lanka.
The minister said fuel prices will not be increased under any circumstances.The minister said even though there is a significant increase in fuel and gas prices in the world, Sri Lanka can maintain the reduced prices.
He said there is no shortage of fuel in the country and also denied rumours of Sri Lanka Petroleum Corporation incurring loses.
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
The headline is Misleading because the intention is to call for invitation to search for gas and not that gas production will commence in December