Navy siezed vessel carrying heroin along with nine persons
Sri Lanka Navy seized another foreign fishing vessel, carrying a large consignment of heroin, with nine foreign suspects in international waters.
A special operation was carried out after days of continuous surveillance by the Navy, based on information provided by Sri Lanka Police.
The vessel loaded with narcotics and 09 suspects will be brought to the Colombo harbour and they will subsequently be handed over to the Police Narcotic Bureau for onward investigation and legal action.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023