Need an action plan to save children from drugs – former President
Posted in Local News
A swift action plan is needed to save the children from the drug issue, says former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
He points out that, now, the use of drugs has increased rapidly.
Also, the current government is trying to paint a false picture to the public regarding the economy of the country, former President stated.
He made these comments, yesterday (23), at an event organized by the Chinese embassy to mark the 91st Anniversary of the Founding of the People’s Liberation Army of China.
The event was attended by many including the Opposition Leader R. Sampanthan and former Defense Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023