‘Neville Fernando Hospital is not a teaching hospital’
Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Deputy Minister Faizel Mohammed revealed in Parliament yesterday that the Dr. Neville Fernando Sri Lanka-Russian Friendship Hospital in Malabe is not a teaching hospital.
He also said that a teaching hospital is one that is used to give practical training for medical students.
He made these observations yesterday in response to a question raised by Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna Parliamentarian Nalinda Jayatissa.
He also revealed that the Health Ministry had not given permission to the hospital to function as a teaching hospital.
When MP Jayatissa questioned as to why the Health Ministry had failed to take action against this hospital which had had kept the exhumed remains of slain ruggerite Tajudeen Deputy Minister said that he would keep MP Jayatissa informed of the actions that would be taken in this regard.
(Source: Daily News – By Sandasen Marasinghe and Disna Mudalige)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023