New programme for sports development
Minister of Sports Harin Fernando says a new programme will be executed in future for the development of sports.
Speaking to media in Badulla Minister Fernando said athletes should be granted opportunities regardless of wins or losses.
The Minister said opportunities must be given to a sportsman adding that they must not be demotivated by making changes.
He noted that if a sportsman doesn’t play well on one day he’s sent home the next day as the demand is high in the world.
The Sports Minister said the government plans to launch a new programme for sports along with the sports fund, a Sports Act, a method to support sportsmen and a programme to provide nutrients to sportsmen through sports clubs and organisations.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023