New Zealand beats Sri Lanka by 193 runs in 2nd test
Posted in Sports News
WELLINGTON: New Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 193 runs in the second test at the Basin Reserve on Wednesday to win the two-match series 2-0:
New Zealand 1st innings: 221 (Kane Williamson 69; Nuwan Pradeep 4-63, Suranga Lakmal 3-71).
Sri Lanka 1st innings: 356 (Kumar Sangakkara 203, Dinesh Chandimal 67; Jimmy Neesham 3-42, Doug Bracewell 3-93).
New Zealand 2nd innings: 524-5 decl. (Kane Williamson 242 not out, B.J. Watling 142 not out; Nuwan Pradeep 3-117).
Sri Lanka 2nd innings: 196 (Lahiru Thirimanne 62 not out, Kaushal Silva 50; Mark Craig 4-53).
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023