Night party turns sour in Wadduwa: Three die, 37 fall ill
Posted in Local News
Three youth attending a party at a hotel in Wadduwa died and 37 women fell ill and were hospitalised after they consumed an intoxicating tablet on August 4 night. Wadduwa Police said the three youth from Kesbewa and Divulapitiya first collapsed and subsequently died.
One of them died yesterday at the hospital. The others were admitted to the Pandura Hospital.
The two bodies are lying at the Panadura Hospital morgue for magisterial inquiry. Wadduwa Police are investigating.
UPDATE: The death toll of the incident in which a group of people, who had participated in a party organised through the Facebook in Wadduwa, had reached four, the Police said.
(Courtesy: Daily News)
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
Serve then right