Nine inmates escape from Thaldena Open Prison Rehabilitation Centre – two apprehended
Posted in Local News
Nine inmates who were undergoing Ramadan fasting have escaped from the Thaldena Open Prison Rehabilitation Centre in Badulla, the Prisons Spokesman said.
However, the Prisons Spokesman Chandana Ekanayake said that two of the escapees have been apprehended.
Further investigations are underway to apprehend the remaining escapees, he said.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023