Australian woman killed, two including her daughter injured in accident at Hemmathagama
Posted in Local News
An Australian national woman has been killed and her daughter and another injured after a car they were travelling toppled down a precipice at Dara Wanguwa in Hemmathagama.
The deceased was identified as a 67-year-old resident of Sydney, Australia.
The car has fallen nearly 12 feet down the precipice, according to police.
According to Police, the accident had taken place as the driver had fallen asleep on the wheel and lost control of the vehicle.
Police said the driver of the car, was a resident of Wattala and a 30-year-old Australian national woman who were injured in the accident were admitted to the Gampola Hospital.
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023