No Confidence Motion against Central Province Chief Minister
Posted in Local News
A no confidence motion against Central Province Chief Minister Sarath Ekanayake was handed over to the Council’s Assistant Secretary P.G. Dissanayake today.
It was handed over by the Opposition Leader of the Council, Ranjith Aluwihare.
Opposition Leader of the Central Provincial Council, Ranjith Aluwihare said that nineteen councillors had lodged the no confidence motion on nine charges.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023