No-Confidence motion against Rishad presented to Speaker
The no-confidence motion signed by 66 opposition MPs against Industry and Commerce Minister Rishad Bathiudeen, was handed over to Speaker Karu Jayasuriya a short while ago, MP Udaya Gammanpila said.
MP Shehan Semasinghe stated that they will request the Speaker to immediately fix a date for the debate of the relevant motion.
It was reported that the joint opposition of the Mahinda Rajapaksa faction of the United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA), decided to support no-confidence motion against Bathiudeen who is in the centre of controversy over allegations that he gave political patronage to the terrorists who carried out the Easter Sunday bomb attacks on April 21.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023