No crooks in my Cabinet – Sajith
Leader of Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB)Sajith Premadasa says that his future Cabinet will not have any person against whom there is evidence relating to corruption, fraud and wastage.
He made this statement while taking part in the inauguration of the SJB’s election manifesto ahead of the next month’s Poll, at the Party’s head office in Colombo yesterday (20).
Premadasa further opined that necessary law will be passed regarding publishing assets and liabilities of all politicians on the internet annually.
He added the necessary powers to monitor it will be provided to the Bribery Commission as well.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Ruwantha Nithulgaspitiya)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023