No election campaign after midnight today
Posted in Local News
All campaigning in connection with the forthcoming Presidential election will draw to a close at 12 midnight today (05) and all arrangements are in place for the conduct of a free and fair poll, the Election Commissioner announced.
All campaigning for the Presidential election to be held on 08 Jan. should draw to a close 48-hours before the election.
Accordingly, the campaigning for the election should end at 12 midnight today (05).
Nineteen candidates including 17 accepted parties and 2 independent candidates have made deposits for the Presidential election.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
You can tell and define legal and fair things.
This is not an election. It is a robbery for taking votes forcibly. Rajapakse outfit labels it election.
But we know how they use public media, resources for their compaign and mislead general public in foul manner and threat, harass and intimate opposision and supporters.
So can you call this any more an election ?