No Entry to public places for those not fully vaccinated from April 30
Sri Lanka’s Health Minister has issued a Gazette Extraordinary to prohibit people who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 from entering public places.
People must have proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter public places starting from April 30, 2022.
The gazette noted that “A person shall not enter any public place without having the proof of being fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) unless exempted by the Proper Authority in respect of the whole of Sri Lanka.”
The definitions of ‘public places and fully vaccinated’ will be announced later, the Health Ministry said.
“For the purposes of this regulation “fully vaccinated” means that the relevant person has obtained the required doses of the relevant vaccination as specified by the Director – General of Health Services”, it added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023