No festive season bonus for state sector – JVP
The JVP charges the festive season bonus which has been granted to state sector employees every year in the past has been forfeited this year.
Speaking at a media briefing held at the JVP party headquarters Parliamentarian Vijitha Herath charged that even the Complementary Festival Loan Scheme which was introduced this year has become merely a ruse to deceive state sector workers.
He noted even the interest rate on the loan scheme was misleading and accused the government of burdening the people.
Meanwhile Herath also charged that the people have been greatly burdened due to a sharp rise in the prices of goods in comparison to November 2019.
He urged the government to reduce the prices of goods before the entire country rises up in protest at increasingly difficult living conditions.
He stressed goods such as Dhal, Coconut Oil, Sugar, Sprats, Coconuts have all risen exponentially, adding the government is pushing the people towards desperation.
Herath remarked that even despite the government refusing to grant fuel concessions, it has been unable to get the economy under control.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024