No meeting between TNA and Clinton – US
The US Embassy in Sri Lanka denied recent reports in media stating that U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has invited the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) for discussion in Washington, DC and affirmed that an invitation had been extended only to External Affairs Minister G.L. Peiris.
Secretary Clinton invited Minister G.L. Peiris to Washington on May 18 and welcomes that visit, the US Embassy stated.
“While the United States seeks to engage with all political parties in Sri Lanka, there is no visit scheduled for the TNA, either before or after that meeting,” the Embassy said in a release today (03).
Source: The Nation
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023