No more unemployed graduates from state universities – Bandula
State Universities will not produce unemployed graduates anymore since they follow President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s Vision of Prosperity now, Co-Cabinet Spokesperson Minister Bandula Gunawardena said in Ittapana, Malabe on May 29.
The Minister was inspecting 117 acres in Ittepana where a new university will be constructed. The university will be constructed in the Kalutara district as a tribute to the Father of Free Education Dr. C.W.W. Kannangara
At the request of Chancellor of Sri Jayawardenapaura University and Mahanayake of Kalyani Samagri Dhamma Maha Sangha Sabha of Kotte, Ven. Dr.Ittapana Dhammalankara Thera and Dr. Gunawardena inspected the land.
Minister Bandula Gunawardana said that C.W.W Kannangara had rendered a great service to every generation. “Therefore, his homeland is a land of worship. As per the request of Ven. Itappana Dhammaankara Thera, the former Minister Rohitha Abaygunawardana and political authorities selected this land for the proposed university,” he said.
“Even though Colombo and Gampaha have universities, Kalutara which is the homeland of many eminent scholars, lacks a university. A national university will be set up here for the first time this year,” he said.
According to President Gotabaya Rajapakase’s Vision of Prosperity, unemployed and unskilled graduates will not be produced hereafter, he added.
Former MP Rohitha Abeygunawardena, former MP Jayantha Samaraweera, Chairman of the University Grants Commission Sampath Amaratunga, University of Moratuwa Vice Chancellor were present.
(Source: Daily News – By Somarathna Pothdeniya and Dinuli Francisco)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023