No official song to mark one year completion of democratic governance – Secretary to the President
Secretary to the President P.B. Abeykoon says that there is no official song was released to mark the one year completion of the democratic governance under the leadership of President Maithripala Sirisena.
The Secretary to the President further said that a song titled “Nuba Ape Minisek” erroneously claimed that it was Sri Lanka President’s Official Song – 2016 and it has been played by some social networking websites, without the permission of the President as well as the Presidential Secretariat.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023